Saturday, October 16, 2004

 

from Vin Suprynowicz column

‘THROWING AWAY YOUR VOTE’

People keep telling me that unless they vote for Bush or Kerry - for one of two interchangeable Skull & Bonesmen – their "vote won’t count".
Pretend with me that you’re an old German on your deathbed today. Would you rather tell your grandchildren, "I voted for the Nazis because they seemed better than the Communists and no other party could win"? Wouldn’t you rather be able to rise up and say, "I publicly denounced the Nazis and the Communists. We were a minority – 1 or 2 percent – but we stood up for the truth and we were right! We proved not all Germans were mindless torchbearers for tyranny! We were ridiculed, we were beaten and jailed, but we saved this nation’s soul. Now children, go and live your lives in a way to make me proud"?
Wouldn’t you?
I don’t get it: Let’s say you flip a coin and manage to vote for "the winner," on Nov. 2.
What do you win?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?